Jingwei Li (李经纬)
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, UESTC
Address: Room D312, Building of Innovation Center, Qingshuihe Campus, UESTC
No. 2006, Xiyuan Ave, West Hi-Tech Zone, Chengdu, Sichuan, P.R. China
Email: jwli at uestc.edu.cn or lijw1987 at gmail.com
Jingwei Li is an associate professor of the School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC). He joined UESTC in 2016. Before that, He was a postdoctoral researcher working with Professor Patrick P. C. Lee at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. During 2013 to 2014, he was a visiting scholar working with Prof. Anna Squicciarini at the Pennsylvania State University. He obtained the B.S. from Hebei University of Technology in 2009 and the Ph.D. from Nankai University in 2014, respectively.
My research interest is to apply cryptographic technologies to build secure systems for large-scale data processing. My current focus is secure deduplication, which aims to:
- Build new secure deduplication systems that extend the state-of-the-art designs with practical functionalities, such as dynamic access control, fault tolerance, etc.
- Analyze the practical implications of the fundamental results explored by the theoretical research, and provide new insights into the practical usage of secure deduplication.
Selected Publications:A full list of publications can be found here.
- Zuoru Yang, Jingwei Li*, and Patrick P. C. Lee, Secure and Lightweight Deduplicated Storage via Shielded Deduplication-Before-Encryption, in Proceedings of the 2022 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC 2022), 2022.
- Zuoru Yang, Jingwei Li*, Yanjing Ren, and Patrick P. C. Lee, Tunable Encrypted Deduplication with Attack-Resilient Key Management, ACM Transactions on Storage (ToS), 2022.
- Jingwei Li, Guoli Wei, Jiacheng Liang, Yanjing Ren, Patrick P. C. Lee, and Xiaosong Zhang, Revisiting Frequency Analysis against Encrypted Deduplication via Statistical Distribution, in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2022.
- Yanjing Ren, Jingwei Li*, Zuoru Yang, Patrick P. C. Lee, and Xiaosong Zhang, Accelerating Encrypted Deduplication via SGX, in Proceedings of the 2021 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC), 2021.
- Jingwei Li, Zuoru Yang, Yanjing Ren, Patrick P. C. Lee, and Xiaosong Zhang, Balancing Storage Efficiency and Data Confidentiality with Tunable Encrypted Deduplication, in Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), 2020.
- Jingwei Li, Patrick P. C. Lee, Chufeng Tan, Chuan Qin, and Xiaosong Zhang, Information Leakage in Encrypted Deduplication via Frequency Analysis: Attacks and Defenses, ACM Transactions on Storage (ToS), vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 4:1–4:30, 2020.
- Jingwei Li, Chuan Qin, Patrick P. C. Lee, and Xiaosong Zhang, Information Leakage in Encrypted Deduplication via Frequency Analysis, in Proceedings of the 47th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 2017. One of three nominations for the Best Paper Award
I am now working with several graduate and undergraduate (that are just from UESTC) students. I prefer a small-size research group, such that I can spend more time on my students. We work together closely to explore interesting research problems. You can checkout the past programs of our reading group, which is organized to present papers in top system/security conferences for graduates and undergraduates.
For students, I want you to be passionate in learning and researching. Since our group focuses on the practical aspect, you also need to have a strong background in programming. You can checkout the systems that we have built to understand the necessary programming levels. If you think you are qualified, please email me for further discussion.