Encrypted Deduplication (Current Focus)
Encrypted deduplication seamlessly combines encryption and deduplication to simultaneously achieve both data security and storage efficiency. It builds on the idea that encrypts each message with a key derived from the content of the message itself, so that identical messages are always encrypted into identical ciphertexts for deduplication.
In this project, we address the practical issues of the encrypted deduplication approach, in order to improve its usability in real systems.
- TED proposes a tunable encrypted deduplication approach to balance data confidentiality and storage efficiency.
- Metadedup presents encrypted deduplication storage with space-efficient metadata management.
- Freqanalysis toolkit reveals the underlying security risk against encrypted deduplication.
- REED augments encrypted deduplication storage systems with dynamic access control.
- CDStore provides a unified multi-cloud storage solution with reliability, security and cost efficiency.
- Dekey provides a cost-efficient way for managing large-scale convergent keys.
Outsourced Attribute-based Cryptographic Primitives
In this project, we introduce outsourced computation into attribute-based primitives and enable to securely delegate the heavy computations from resource-constrained clients to third-party servers:
- We propose various outsourced attribute-based encryption (ABE) primitives that can delegate the computation of key generation and encryption to third party.
- We augment outsourced decryption with checkability that can verify the correctness of results.
- We apply outsourcing computation to attribute-based signature and identity-based encryption, and delegate the sign and revocation operation to third party, respectively.